Steps Toward Revival
The Prayer Principle
Jeremiah 33:3; II Chronicles 7:14; Matthew 21:22; I John 5:14-15
- Pray for revival in your church.
- Ask the Lord to reveal to you the proper time for you to schedule revival.
- Ask the Lord to reveal to you the Evangelist He wants to use in your church.
- Pray about the selection of your Revival Preparation Committee members.
- Pray for a harvest of lost souls
The Faith Principle
Matthew 9:29; 21:21-22; Hebrews 11:6
- Believe that God really wants revival for your church.
- Trust Him to do mighty things.
- Have faith that God can work through you and your church to bring a great revival.
- Make bold faith declarations before the church as often as to what you are believing God to do in the revival.
Psalm 126:5; Proverbs 19:21
- Organize, Evangelize and Agonize.
- Train Revival Preparation Steering Committee.
- Set Countdown Calendar 6 to 8 weeks before the revival.
- Set goals (i.e. attendance, decisions, salvations, contacts).
- Start the revival on Sunday morning.
- Have High Attendance Day in Sunday School the day revival begins.
- Involvement is the key. Involve as many members as possible in preparation, promotion and prayer. (Pack-A-Pew still works!)
- Use Vocational Evangelists whom God has called, gifted, and appointed unto the Church for this purpose. (Ephesians 4:11ff).
- Work as if revival depends upon you! Pray as if revival depends on God! We are still dependent upon God for revival. Revival is a sovereign act of God!