This is the moment for self-examination. Without it we are wasting our time with God.
God is eager to manifest His reviving presence and power in every generation. But we must take steps for the release of His fullness in our midst. On the eve of their passage over Jordan into the Promised Land, Joshua charged the children of Israel to prepare their hearts:
“…Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you”
— Joshua 3:5
The psalmist understood the importance of spiritual revival:
“Righteousness shall go before Him and shall set us in the way of His steps”
— Psalm 85:13
Steps of Action
Pray the prayer of the psalmist: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23, 24).
- Be totally honest as you answer each question.
- Agree with God about each need He reveals in your life. Confess each sin, with the willingness to make it right and forsake it.
- Praise God for cleansing and forgiveness.
- Renew your mind and rebuild your life through meditation and practical application of the Word of God.
- Review these questions periodically to remain sensitive to your need for ongoing revival.
2 Corinthians 5:17
> Was there ever a time in my life that I genuinely repented of my sin?
> Was there ever a time in my life that I placed all my trust in Jesus Christ alone to save me?
> Was there ever a time in my life that I completely surrendered to Jesus Christ as the Master and Lord of my life?